About the job Consultant Psychiatrist
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to join our client's Care Delivery Service. This post is based at the Assessment and Treatment service in West Sussex.
This job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of 25,000, in addition to (up to) 8000 relocation allowance. The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- 5000 payment paid on appointment
- 5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- 6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- 8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
Main duties of the job
The role of the post holder in the ATS team will be to see new assessments, providing detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments, to develop management plans and review these in an outpatient setting.
The post holder will be expected to review patients already known to the ATS as required, during their journey through the ATS system. The post holder will direct these patient's treatment.
The post holder will liaise with local primary care services and provide advice and guidance. They will provide supervision of junior medical staff and provide advice to other members of the team including the duty worker. They will provide senior clinical leadership to the ATS.
The post holder will be expected to provide medical leadership in the development of the team and wider working age services, in line with the CDS and Trust goals, in order to provide high quality mental health care for patients.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.
The Trust benefits from a thriving Sussex-wide psychiatry training scheme where Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex provide foundation, GP, core and higher trainees.
Our client is committed to providing opportunities for flexible working.
If you haven't thought about living in West Sussex before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations