About the job Principal Engineer
Our client enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its users and businesses with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. They strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by innovative technology with no complexity or hidden fees. They empowers users to take control of the financial future with simple solutions accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
About the Role
They are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer for the company who will partner closely with Product Management and internal technology teams to define a technical roadmap for the B2C and B2B product platforms. You will support the VP of Engineering as a systems architect / liaison across key stakeholders in technology. You are comfortable working in a greenfield environment delivering enterprise class solutions to market.
You enjoy solving seemingly intractable puzzles in innovative yet pragmatic ways. You hold yourself and others accountable for routinely delivering mission critical outcomes. You are viewed as a trusted, intellectually honest partner within your team and across functional boundaries. You continually ask yourself, What is accurate and what should be done about it?
This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to and execute on engineering strategic roadmap, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to meet the needs and business objectives of the organisation.
- In collaboration with the Engineering team, define a modern, pragmatic, robust, and secure technical architecture for enterprise grade solutions.
- Influence and establish engineering best practices.
- Drop down into engineering teams as needed to understand and solve problems for mission critical initiatives.
- Recommend and implement best practice solutions, machines, processes, and tools to ensure systematic delivery of great outcomes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal teams and with third party vendors.
- Leverage broad skills across technology and business to plug gaps and deliver on priorities as needed while the organisation is built.
What They Are Looking For
- Technology leadership experience supporting multiple, high-profile initiatives across several independent teams / disciplines.
- Excellent analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Strong communication skills with ability to distill complex issues to meaningful synthesis suitable for executive decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the head of Engineering to actualize vision.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with goal tracking and competency supporting oversight of multiple concurrent project initiatives.
- Track record of balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts.
- BS degree in computer science, or other technical field, with B2B and B2C experience.
- 15+ years of experience delivering technology products.
- Experience working directly within technology teams as solutions architect, trusted expert, and force multiplier for mission critical initiatives.
- Experience partnering with product, business, and program management teams.
- Experience working in leading financial services organisations.
- High integrity, high security mindset.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for results.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions.
What They Value
- A mindset to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Willingness and creativity to solve hard problems.
- Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be.
- Diversity in experiences and thinking.
What They Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 401K match plus the usual medical, dental, life, and disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join an innovative team of industry professionals on a mission to transform the industry.