I am looking to recruit a Consultant Paediatrician in the county of Cumbria.
We are seeking General Paediatric Consultants interested in working with the existing team to further develop and extend our Integrated Children’s Care model within Cumbria. We are looking for applicants who are dynamic and forward thinking, who are interested in the full scope of practice of a General Paediatrician and who want to work within a role that encompasses close ties with Primary Care, Community and Hospital Paediatrics and who want to live and work in a beautiful part of Britain.
- Assessment, Management, Review of acute admissions/ referrals to the Short-Stay Paediatric Assessment Unit (SSPAU) and Children’s Ward.
- Experienced Support to the Consultant-led Obstetric Service/ Labour Ward including the resuscitation of newborn/ premature infants when required.
- Management of babies admitted to the Level 1 Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU), including the stabilisation of newborn/ premature infants prior to transfer to tertiary unit by the Regional Neonatal Flying Squad.
- Provision of New and Review Outpatient Clinics including those established within the developing Integrated Care Communities
- Maintenance of expertise in Specialist Interest area.
- Teaching, Audit, Clinical Governance and Continued Professional Development.
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Full GMC registration
- Inclusion on the Specialist register in Paediatrics (or within six months of inclusion o GMC specialist register)
- Holder of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or within six months of award of CCT/CESR or equivalent by interview
- High standard of clinical skill and expertise in clinical paediatrics
- Experience of and commitment to teaching undergraduate and post graduate medical staff
- Ability to teach clinical and personal skills required for Child Health
If you want to be considered, apply now or contact me to for further infomration.
£76,761 - £103,490