Job Openings Trading Systems - C++ Engineer
About the job Trading Systems - C++ Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced C++ Engineer to work on its Trading Systems
They are a passionate team of Technologists who are building the firms next generation ultra high performance fixed income trading platform using the latest tools and technologies. As they build our platform we are seeking talented individuals to join the team to work closely with our internal and external partners to further develop and define our products and offerings.
- Develop complex trading software to assist our clients in driving revenue
- Work on core trading components, matching engines, market data and other critical low latency sub systems
- Work through external APIs and integrate components as well as deliver APIs for customers
- Optimized data structures and algorithms to maintain ultra low latencies. Analyze and tune performance.
- Participate in code / design reviews.
- Collaborate with experienced teammates to learn and implement bespoke solutions that balance speed, quality and cost.
- Use test driven development to achieve low delivery failure rates.
- You have 5+ years of experience building highly available infrastructure services designed with performance in mind (e.g. low latency and/or high throughput transactional systems).
- Expert level C++ programmer (e.g. with OO design, pattern based programming, templates, network programming and multi threading).
- Proven record of delivery high quality software in a modern C++ Windows and/or Linux environment.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Take pride in what you build, developing manageable and maintainable software
- You have a strong command over data structures and algorithms.
- Challenges excite you. You can extract simplicity from complex systems.
- You use best practices like Continuous Delivery and testing methodologies
- Good knowledge of data storage systems and databases a plus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues and solve them
- Ability to recognize critical production and client facing issues, and prioritize them.