Job Openings VP of Engineering
About the job VP of Engineering
Our client is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform, and customer centric brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine. We have built three business lines on top of our platform: Keeps (for mens hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We are growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, J&J, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
Theres not a better time to join. Fresh off of our $47m Series B fundraise, we are looking for a world class and seasoned engineering leader to serve as our VP of Engineering. As we continue to improve the healthcare experience and outcomes for millions of patients as well as launch new therapeutic areas in more complex conditions, you will help scale our Engineering organization and technical infrastructure to ensure that the maximum number of people have access to high quality, affordable care from the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for both driving the strategy and leading the execution of scaling our Engineering organization. You will partner with our Head of Engineering to provide strategic technical guidance, invest in developing our existing team, and help to attract and retain top talent. You will lead by example, applying your significant technology and organization building skills to help our Engineering teams unblock and execute at an extremely high level.
The ideal candidate has experience scaling an engineering organization from 30 to 75+ within a fast growing startup. You care about applying technical best practices at scale as well as building a diverse and inclusive engineering culture. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
You are the right person for this role if you are:
- A technologist at heart who can review code or discuss system architectureand are passionate about scaling engineering teams and processes
- An experienced manager of managers with the ability to mentor and develop engineering managers and directors
- A proven leader who can serve as a strategic thought partner to leaders across functions including Product, Marketing, Design, Customer Experience, and Leadership
- A clear communicator who can provide non technical explanations for highly technical projects
- A best in class recruiter with a profile and track record of sourcing and vetting strong engineering talent
- Passionate about building high functioning, collaborative, and diverse engineering teams
- A data driven thinker who resists inertia by constantly looking to optimize and improve existing processes
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
Some things you will work on:
- Partner with our Head of Engineering and People team to scale our NYC and remote engineering teams from 30 to 75+ engineers
- Guide teams to improve and consistently deliver software across our Platform and Business Unit teams
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to build on an engineering culture of technical excellence and accountability in support of our mission to deliver high quality and accessible health care services.
- Document and evangelize the technology strategy throughout the engineering org and the broader company.
- Manage and continue to develop Engineering Directors, Managers, and Leads, and support them in the process of delivering products
- Partner with the People team to chart out technical and career growth opportunities for team members
- Represent Engineering at the company level through cross functional collaboration with Product, Design, Operations, and Leadership
- Develop processes and protocols that ensure the team can make sustainable technical and architectural decisions with minimal bottlenecks
You should have:
- Proven track record of success in designing and building diverse, scalable engineering teams (75+), ideally with experience at a fast growing startup
- 15+ years of combined engineering experience, ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles
- Proven ability to successfully execute against an ambitious vision in partnership with other Leadership and functions across the company
- Experience fostering an inclusive and innovative engineering environment
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of engineering best practices at scale
- Ability to champion, lead, and mentor a team
- Passion for the companies mission of expanding access to healthcare!
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend!