Job Openings iOS Engineer
About the job iOS Engineer
Our client is a new kind of stock brokerage that makes it possible to buy any stock with any amount of money.
The business was created when the VCs behind Venmo, a stock brokerage, and repeat fintech entrepreneurs assembled behind the belief that investing in the stock market was broken. The team realized that the biggest issue keeping the general public from investing in the public markets were the stock prices themselves: today, buying the top 15 companies on the S&P costs over $5,000, more than half of what the average young American have in their savings account.
The company is headquartered in New York and member of Finra & SIPC.
An experienced iOS engineer who is obsessed with delivering a high quality work product. You value building and maintaining a clean code base and are a fan of unit testing. Most importantly, you enjoy working with product designers and backend engineers on delivering a delightful, engaging experience that people enjoy.
- Strong experience with Swift
- Solid fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming
- Attention to detail and appreciation for creating delightful user experiences
- Proficiency in using RESTful APIs
- Source code management skills (Git)
- Must enjoy learning and be self motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Previous knowledge of investing or financial markets not a requirement, but a plus
- 5+ years of professional, hands on experience building production iOS apps
- Experience working in a fast paced, startup environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- Comfortable learning Kotlin (Android app is built in Kotlin)
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of a company backed by some of the worlds most notable financial investors, working on a generation wide problem, alongside a team of repeat fintech entrepreneurs
- Real time feedback loops. Ship code to a significant and growing number of active users, and see results immediately
- Pick your own equipment: Mac & iPhone of your own choosing
- Competitive salary, 401k and healthcare
- Early stage company stock options
- Comfortable offices in downtown Manhattan with beautiful sunsets overlooking the Statue of Liberty