Job Openings Software Engineer
About the job Software Engineer
Our client is a developer platform for creating payroll products. They build simple technology solutions that save businesses time and money, enabling millions of employees faster, more transparent, and more secure access to their money.
They are building the backbone that enables software platforms to incorporate payroll functionality, allowing both business owners and employees to focus on what matters most their customers. Their partners include industry leading software platforms in point of sale, vertical SaaS, labor marketplaces, employee scheduling and HR.
We are building a world class team and have raised multiple rounds of funding from top tier venture funds and angel investors. Our founders previously started and sold their first company, Oyster, to Google.
Engineering is the core of the business. We believe payroll can and should be easy to use financial software, but getting there requires serious and sustained engineering effort. For our efforts, there is the deep satisfaction that comes from delivering peoples paychecks. We are excited to bring on a new software engineer who will have an outsized impact on our systems and business along multiple fronts.
For this role, we are seeking an individual with strong, full stack software engineering skills, but also with a curiosity for systems, an entrepreneurial mindset, and high integrity. We believe that someone with this combination will unlock new ideas and solutions for our product and thrive in our team.
The business has a distributed team across NYC, San Francisco, and Atlanta. Given the core nature of its responsibilities, our preference is for this role to be based in NYC, but were open to outstanding candidates in other locations.
In this role, you will
- Ship code that calculates, transfers, and files taxes accurately and on time on a daily basis
- Distill the complexities of payroll into simple APIs for developers to use to build payroll
- Build frontend and backend components that improve customer integrations
- Influence the culture, values, and processes of a growing engineering team
- Communicate ideas and specifications through detailed, precise writing
- Work with our payroll ops, design, sales, and legal functions
- Commit on your first day, and deploy code continuously
- Support developers at customer companies
- Teach and learn from other engineers
- Interview prospective candidates
- Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have
- Built and scaled production web applications on the frontend and/or backend
- Production relational database experience
- Demonstrated product and design sensibilities
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Python and Django for our API
- React and TypeScript for our frontends
- Postgres for our database
- AWS for our cloud infrastructure
- GitLab for issue tracking and CI/CD
Benefits & Perks
- Fully subsidized individual health, vision, and dental insurance
- 8 weeks of fully paid parental/caregiver leave
- 15 paid vacation days a year
- Option to participate in a 401(k) plan