About the job Software Specialist
This is a Fantastic Opportunity to join a market leading company,Our client provides specialised computer software to the packaging industry. As part of its services, customers purchase training services, on-site assistance and consulting services.
To be considered for this role you willhave a minimum of 3 years IT Support role in a B2B company
This position directly supports each of these functions.
Training Services Requiring the Following:
- Formal classroom presentation of software applications
- In depth knowledge of the software being taught
- Able to provide solutions to our customers that are specific, measurable and can be applied back home at the facility relate to the customers needs when appropriate
On-Site Activities Requiring the Following:
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the management and coordination of activities
- Ability to give the customer comfort on any issues relating to the software
- Working knowledge of the target operating system
- Working knowledge of the hardware environment
- Knowledge of the customers business needs and the business processes
- Professional image at all times
- Ability to identify delicate situations utilizing effective people skills, relating to corporate level and plant management, the ability to deal with the plants hourly workers and their criticism
- Software installation, configuration of the software, configuration of the operating system, training of the customers, planning, sales and manufacturing staff in the use of the software, answering questions, supervising the process, making recommendations to customers on use of the software
- A good working knowledge of the manufacturing environment, the functionality of the software and the configuration for their needs when necessary, using this knowledge to directly connect software to manufacturing machinery
- Working knowledge of software
Help Desk/Consulting Services Requiring the Following:
- Strong Help Desk skills: these require that a person be able to effectively manage stress and customer expectations. This requires keen judgment and finesse in sometimes stressful situations.
- Strong analytical skills for identifying causes of problems and their resolution
- Strong people management skills, good knowledge of software, functionality, operating systems and hardware environments
- Ability to manipulate the systems through remote access or telephone support directly
- Ability to deal with multiple problems and be able to prioritize.
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional image
- Proactive and preemptive approach
- Ability to prove to our customers (by deeds and actions) that we care
- Determination to ensure issues are followed through
- Documentation of all customer contact events through the systems provided
- Written reports on on-site training and other activities.
- Constant striving to identify areas for product and procedural improvements
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Application of special knowledge with discretion and judgment
- Other related duties as required