About the job Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
Looking for strong C++ engineers to lead the next-generation multi-platform trading infrastructure built on C++14, microservices architecture, event-sourcing/CQRS, low-latency messaging and high-performance data access patterns. Contributions to or extensive knowledge of open-source C++ libraries such as folly, wangle, proxygen, seastar, envoy, actor-framework, mesos is a big plus.
- Assist in building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure.
- Build distributed systems – work on improving and adding new functionality to the companies distributed systems backbone
- Assist in the build out of the core infrastructure, while optimizing the existing code base.
- Research and innovate ideas in software engineering and high-performance computing.
- You have 5+ years of experience building highly-available infrastructure services designed with performance in mind (e.g. low-latency and/or high-throughput transactional systems).
- Expert level C++ programmer (e.g. with OO design, pattern based programming, templates, network programming and multi-threading).
- Proven record of delivery high quality software in a modern C++ Windows and/or Linux environment.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Take pride in what you build, developing manageable and maintainable software
- You have a strong command over data structures and algorithms.
- Challenges excite you. You can extract simplicity from complex systems.
- You use best practices like Continuous Delivery and testing methodologies
- Good knowledge of data storage systems and databases a plus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues and solve them
- Ability to recognize critical production and client-facing issues, and prioritize them.
- You have a Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.