About the job Sales Engineer
Our client has immediate openings for a Sales Engineer in our New York City office. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
In this role, you will be part of a growing talented team that is tasked with presenting the businesses solutions to the financial services industry.
Who we are
Our client is a global software company servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. They solve this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
What you will do
The Sales Engineer will support the sales team by providing technical expertise on the companies products, features and capabilities. This person will work in tandem with the sales team to present our offerings using a solution selling approach, and work creatively to solve problems and bring deals to a successful close.
- Develop subject matter expertise on all products and services and gain a deep understanding of the underlying technologies, uses and functionalities
- Answer questions from prospective clients relating to products and services, and respond to RFIs/RFPs
- Work alongside the sales team, performing product demos for prospective clients and attend trade shows to promote and demo products
- Collaborate with Sales, Engineering, and Implementation teams to develop proposals and design custom solutions for prospective clients
- Research the competition, their capabilities, strengths and shortfalls in order to enhance value proposition as well as to anticipate and adapt to any upcoming changes in the industry landscape
The ideal candidate should have 5-7+ years of professional experience as a sales engineer, technical presales or other relevant position, preferably with a background in financial services and/or capital markets technology. Superb written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding sales ability, with a proven track record in enterprise sales, closing complex deals involving multiple stakeholders. A degree in computer science or other highly technical field is strongly preferred. Previous experience as a Software Engineer with working knowledge of C++ and Python would be ideal. Highly motivated self-starter, able to navigate the ambiguity and challenges of a startup environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Catered lunch
- Small team with growth opportunity