About the job Machine Learning Scientist
Our client is looking to appoint a Machine Learning Scientist. Our client believe that the next leap forward in applied AI lies in active learning systems and techniques like reinforcement learning. These systems are ‘curious’ – they continuously try new things in the world, making them better at adapting to and operating in a fast-changing, complex world.
As a Machine Learning Scientist, your responsibilities will include developing machine learning systems that leverage uncertainty estimation and active learning approaches like Reinforcement Learning to solve real-world problems faced by our customers. Your work will span the spectrum from quick exploratory/experimental models to scaled, production processes. Your work may start from simple models, but the ultimate goal is to push the boundaries of what is scientifically and technically possible, and share those advances with community via publication and/or open source.
- Deep passion for AI and building production machine learning systems
- Expertise in a probabilistic programming language such as Tensorflow/ Edward/ pytorch/ pyro/ pymc
- Experience with serverless/ highly parallelized Machine Learning model training
- Experience with multi-observation kalman filters/ state space models and/ or scaled Gaussian processes
- Expertise in experimental design and Bayesian uncertainty estimation
- Experience with ROS/ Gazebo and robotics software