About the job Support Engineer - Electronic Trading Technology
Our Client is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative market-leading technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first and second level support for Front Office staff (Traders, Investment Professionals) to quickly identify and resolve issues as they arise and ensure continuity of the business.
- Work closely with Front Office Traders and investment professionals to gather business requirements and liaise with various IT teams to ensure delivery of functionality.
- Work in all aspects of user / strategy application support for the company Asset Manager Equity Team primarily in Chicago.
- Assist in the deployment, checkout, and QA testing of applications. Also involved in the training and marketing of applications as appropriate.
- Participate in global coverage of system support & SOD/intraday health checks.
- Work with senior business leads in New York/Chicago to align and coordinate initiatives with Chicago/NY accordingly and vice versa.
- Work closely with the back office teams to remedy issues related to security setups, trade booking, corporate actions, price breaks, and book keeping entries.
- Knowledge of trading or risk systems
- Financial industry background
- Experience with Unix, Linux
- Experience with databases such as Sybase or SQL
- Knowledge of KDB a plus
- Proficiency in shell scripting language
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Understanding of trading workflows
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal)
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Personality characteristics:
- Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology and fundamentals
- Strong critical reasoning skills
- Detail-oriented approach to solving problems
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Proficient context switcher in fast paced, mission critical environment
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity
- Self starter that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, execution, and ability to work and deliver results with minimal supervision
Bachelors Degree in engineering or computer science or related field of study.