About the job Head of Engineering (reporting to CEO)
Their team is on a mission to make access to coordinated care available for everyone. Today, care coordination is provided for just the top 1 to 2% of utiliserswithin the healthcare system. Patients outside these bands are left with confusing, highly fragmented journeys painful for not only the patients but all their loved ones. They are building disruptive technology that will cause a paradigm shift of what it means to be cared for when not physically in a healthcare facility.
Our client is backed by top tier investors bridging both technology and healthcare including Maverick Ventures (investors in Cityblock, hims&hers, Devoted Health, One Medical).
Our client is looking for a highly technical, mission-driven engineering leader to carry the company through the next phase of growth. You will grow and lead your own world-class team. You will act as a strategic thought partner with executive leadership, all while tackling interesting technical challenges. Most importantly, you will have clear line of sight to impact on both the business and patients!
- Become the technical expert for the various components of the product
- Scale the engineering team (hire, lead, and grow)
- Define the long-term vision for and structure of the engineering organisation
- Manage both onshore and offshore development
- Implement engineering best practices, tools, and methods to create a strong foundation for scalability
- Partner with Product to understand strategic context and work through priorities/trade-offs
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., finance, sales, operations) to identify innovative ways to maximise engineering impact
- Strong Engineering Leadership Experience: 3+ years of engineering management experience at a high growth startup recruiting and cultivating world-class technical talent
- Relentless: Invigorated by complex problems and will stop at nothing to innovate with solutions that contribute to the company's mission
- Transparent: Direct and clear in communication/management style - understanding transparency is critical for high-performing teams