About the job Founding Front End Engineer
Our client is a fast-growing stealth financial services startup seeking a talented front end engineer to join them in building a next-generation wealth management product.
Their mission is to be the worlds best custodian of financial assets, holding and protecting their clients life savings. They measure their success in the assets they are able to custody for their clients and aim to custody over $1 trillion in assets for clients globally.
They are well-funded and backed by Bain and Spark Capital.
About the team
They are a high-performing team of seven designers, engineers and finance professionals. Their past experience includes time at Boxed, Brookfield, Buzzfeed, Facebook, Juniper Networks, Nasdaq, Stripe, Twitter, Two Sigma, and Vectra AI, and they studied at Brown, Caltech, Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford, Parsons, The University of Pennsylvania, Stanford, and Never-Attended-College.
They work both remote and in-person in NYC, and work hours are flexible. They committed to growing a long-term distributed team.
About the role
They are looking for a founding front end engineer who is excited to do everything involved in shipping great products, including hands-on engineering, collaborating closely with product and design, talking with customers, and setting direction for the company. You will have unparalleled autonomy and be execution-focused and self-sufficient. By joining as an early member of the team, you will shape everything that comes next.
Their web application is built with modern technologies, including TypeScript, React, NestJS, and Material UI.
Some traits that are important to them: hard-working, inclusive, and collaborative. And they are looking for owners, so they hope youll help them expand this list.
What youll be responsible for
- Create a rich, modern application that you would trust with your own life savings
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Work with designers to design UI components and establish style guidelines
Qualities they are looking for
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS, including layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Enjoy writing clean and performant code
- Value writing tests and code that is easily used in tests
- Experience shipping features or products
- Experience using React, Vue, or Angular
- Excited to collaborate with designers to deliver the product vision
What you could work on next week
- Build how clients interact with and fund their accounts
- Collaborate with designers to develop opinionated core component and layout libraries
- Develop our internal literate design guide
- Work with the rest of the team to set overall company direction