About the job Lead Hospital Pharmacist
Vacancy: Lead Hospital Pharmacist/Deputy Pharmacy Manager
Contract : Permanent
Salary: 48,000-50,000 per annum
Working Hours Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
Benefits : Competitive Salary, Holiday Pay, Free Staff Car Parking
We are seeking an experienced and registered Hospital Pharmacist looking to progress into a senior role. You'll be working in both the dispensary and supporting the nursing and clinical ward team providing a high standard service to patients, consultant users and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Our Pharmacy is a small and friendly team made up of Clinical Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants, all managed by our supportive Pharmacy Manager.
We would be happy to arrange an informal visit to the hospital, to meet the team and see your potential new workplace. Get in touch for more information.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Lead in medication safety. This includes presenting a monthly medication safety seminar to clinical staff as part of the clinical critical training programme
- Lead in medication management and medicines optimisation.
- Maintain accurate documentation whilst performing clinical pharmacy activities
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager with the review and development of department standard operating procedures and guidelines to ensure a high standard of work is maintained
- Communicate with all service users in a professional, efficient and polite manner.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teamwork, helping to motivate staff and maintain effective working relationships.
- Achieve, maintain and develop appropriate pharmacy technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Monitor correct and prompt pharmacy charging for patients and other service users to maximise revenue capture
- Become an independent prescriber as the business requirements change
- Deputise for the pharmacy manager in their absence. Management development will be provided.
- Registered as a pharmacist with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Certificate/Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy practice (Complete or in progress)
- Minimum of 4 years of post-registration clinical experience in hospital
- Provide evidence of continuous professional development
- Have the passion to inspire and lead others to deliver healthcare
- Demonstrable ability to build credibility with key stakeholders including senior management, consultants and other external bodies
- Demonstrable ability to build working partnerships with consultant within the values of this clinician led organisation.
KIMS Hospital employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 33 Days annual leave plus extra time off for your birthday
- Free Secure Staff Parking
- Life Assurance
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Free Eye Test
- Relocation packages available