About the job Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Our client searching for a skilled and reliable vascular surgeon to join their medical team. The vascular surgeons responsibilities include diagnosing and treating conditions of the vascular system such as deep vein thrombosis and varicose veins, as well as removing blockages. You will also repair damaged blood vessels and help patients manage chronic conditions.
- Manage the assigned patients consultations as per the directives of the Medical Director.
- Responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analysing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and reassessment on follow up to reach a final diagnosis.
- Responsible for patients under his or her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent complications or disease.
- Explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his or her attendants.
- Monitor the patients condition and progress and re evaluate, reassessment and treat the patient accordingly.
- Refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Take daily rounds for his or her In Patients and referred patients.
- Document and complete medical record on time and update the progress notes on the same time.
- Authenticate and sign the medical record, progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his or her patients.
- Perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he or she is specifically privileged according to his or her qualification, licenses, training & experience.
- Approve the discharge summary, follow ups, medical report of his or her patients.
- Ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his or her department.
- Serve on Departmental, Hospital Committees as requested.
- Ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed.
- Take call as per hospital policy, as needed and assume the duties of Head of Department.
- Attend the Code Blue and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Ensure that all reports and information as required by the Head of the Department, Medical Director are provided.
- Identify and appropriately transferring all the Medico Legal Cases on time with all the proper documentation and information to the hospital management as per the hospital policy.
- Participate in the provision of clinical, academic activities of the hospital.
- Play an active role in the education of the patient and his or her family on a healthy lifestyle. Contributes to awareness and education of the community, in general, on issues related to health.
- Participate in, and lead person centred care initiatives undertaken by HMG.
- Provide orientation, bedside training and supervision to undergraduate and postgraduate trainees, interns, residents and fellows, as assigned.
- Participate in self and others education, training and development as applicable and departments educational activities and training programs of the department.
- Enrich patient experience with compassion, respect and dignity
- Perform other applicable task and duties assigned within the realm of his or her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Graduate of Medical School, recognised by the Medical Council of the country of origin.
- Completion of appropriate internship and residency programs.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the specialty.
- Western training: American Board/ UK CCT/ Australia or NZ Royal College Fellowship/ Western European Specialisation Board.
- Experience: 5 years' post board or specialisation certification experience depending on country of origin to qualify for Consultant with the Saudi Council.
- Relevant licensure from the country of origin, acceptable to Saudi Commission for Health Specialty and Ministry of Health.
- At least five years of practice in his or her specialty after obtaining the higher degree in a Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Subspecialty degree or structured subspecialty training preferred.
- Excellent clinical/ technical skills in his/ her specialty.
- Knowledge of International, National Healthcare Standards.
- Computer Literate, better knowledge of MS Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English
- Leadership exemplifies approaches that motivate and inspire others, promote positive morale, enhance performance of others, and model organisational values.
- Demonstrate knowledge of person centred care Philosophy and shows potential fit in the HMGs culture of person centred care.
Register Your Details
At Carter Wellington, we are always looking for bright minds and enthusiastic people from diverse backgrounds, who are looking to advance in their career.
Even if you don’t find a suitable position among our current assignments, please do not hesitate to drop us your resume.