About the job API Engineer
Our client is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its clients with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. The company strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by smart technology with no complexity or hidden fees. The company empowers clients to take control of the financial future with simple solutions that are accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
Our client is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Their culture emphasisesthe importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard their most valuable assets their employees.
They are looking for an experienced API Engineer to help their growing Engineering team build world class solutions and deliver results for the business. You will work with their API Architect and Engineering leadership to meet the high standards of leading financial institutions. You are comfortable with greenfield environments and look forward to helping define what API Engineering means at the company.
You enjoy working as part of a team to build new solutions and meet high standards. You hold yourself and others accountable for routinely delivering mission critical outcomes. You are viewed as a trusted, intellectually honest partner within your team and across functional boundaries. You continually ask yourself, What is accurate and what should be done about it?
- Experience as an object-oriented developer, expert in Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- Comfortable creating API Facades, Microservices, and Services using Java Spring Boot with VertX, Jetty, or Apache.
- Deep experience with Relational Databases such as Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL, or Oracle. Prefer if they also have NoSQL experience (Mongo, Cassandra, or Redis).
- Proficient with schema migrations, stored procedures, functions and object to schema mapping for high performance.
- Proficient in using Docker containers to run application services.
- Experience in DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Git, and GitLab.
- Comfortable supporting deployments outside of business hours (1 weekend per month).
- Comfortable creating Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and detailed CICD Markdown.
- Work with API Architect and Development managers to prioritise features, estimate work, and groom the Scrum Backlog.
- 3+ years of proven experience delivering APIs with architectural guidance.
- Experience working in leading financial services organisations and startups.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.