About the job Senior Software Engineer
Our Clientis a spreadsheet that non-programmers can use to build their own software. Unlike existing spreadsheets, they integrate directly into everywhere a company's data is created and everywhere it needs to go in real-time. This allows end-users to define business logic with the spreadsheet formulas they already know and to automate manual, tedious processes end-to-end.
They are a small, talented team thats energised by shifting the paradigm. Their early team comes from Google, Two Sigma, Amazon, Square, McKinsey, Blackstone, and more.
They are young, so you'll have an opportunity to shape not just what they work on but also who they work with and how they work together.
Their user base is growing. They are backed by millions of dollars in funding from top-tier investors and are actively scaling the team across engineering, design, and go-to-market roles.
They hire generalist engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are highly cross-functional and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Their ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys building projects from design doc to production. They value people who take pride in their work and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether theyre familiar with their stack or not.
What Youll Do
- Design and build new user-facing features end-to-end
- Improve our internal workflow to help everyone ship code faster
- Given a problem and PRD, you'll have broad latitude for how to solve it on One project is adding real-time collaboration (e.g. "multiplayer") to the web app
What You Wont Do
- Stay on the same project for years
- Dig deep into a single technology; your job is to get the code good enough and ship it
- 4+ years of working full-time as a software engineer
- React with TypeScript
- Node, Postgres, and Redis on the backend